I teach a model of blog writing that was passed along to me by Dr. Randy Hlavac, who teaches a Social IMC course at Northwestern University. His students write blogs for a Social IMC course, some of this may cover topics related to business, professional, or organizational communication course. You can see these students' articles by clicking on the button blow.
Students in my courses may find inspiration from the following list. I have curated a list of relevant articles for the topics below (click button).
- How to build diverse and inclusive teams
- Strategies for improving your credit score
- How to use your phone in the workplace
- How to be a good team member
- How to impress people at meetings
- How to pacify a bosshole
- Determining and arguing salary and benefits
- Facilitating effective discussions
- How to say ‘no’ with class
- Ways to avoid taking yourself too seriously
- Strategies for effective conflict mediation
- How to handle uncomfortable conversations
- How, when, and where to swear without getting slapped, sued, or fired
- How to dress the part: The taxonomy of formal and casual dress